Friday, August 1, 2008

The Internet Doesn't Like Me

The Internet was against me last night, folks. So, in the tradition of comic book bloggers everywhere, I'm going to put up a random odd comic book cover. Or, rather, I'll put up two because they're both weird and thematically linked, as it turns out, both featuring Firestorm battling a fellow named Black Bison:

Fury of Firestorm #2

Fury of Firestorm #25

It's a shame both of these characters are dead now, and both from massive event storylines. I mean, one is a Native American who rides around on a white stallion and can bring stuffed animals and statues to life. The other has powers which, if you're to believe the old "Superfriends" cartoon, are basically magic. I know there's a complex set of rules around them, but it boils down to the fact that Firestorm's powers are so scientific that that are indistinguishable from magic. Which is a dandy power.

I honestly hope they put Firestorm in a Showcase soon.

No comments: