Friday, September 12, 2008

Foxy Lateness

It's been a week and I still haven't read any of those comics, nor have I done anything particularly blog-worthy. Soon, though, so hold out! For now, in lieu of putting up a comic strip panel, I bring you something else. I briefly played "Lord of the Rings Online", and at one point I saw the greatest thing:The reason I post this is because it represents one of my favorite moments from the Lord of the Rings. At some point after Bilbo Baggins leaves the Shire and before his nephew Frodo does the same, Frodo, Sam, and either Merry or Pippin are traveling and sleep under a tree. At this point, a random fox shows up and thinks about how odd it is to find a trio of hobbits to be sleeping under a tree. At no other point in the book does JRR Tolkien express this sort of whimsy, this random sentient animal.

As you can see from the above screenshot, I'm not the only person who liked that bit. Also, you can play as a chicken sometimes.

No comments: